22 Benedictines Enter University
|If we were happy that 15 Benedictines entered University last year, you will be delighted to note that as many as 22 Benedictines succeeded in entering the University this year. This is a very significant achievement as almost 30% who sat for the Advanced Level examination gained entrance. |
We salute our hardworking Director Rev. Bro. Granville Perera and the entire teaching staff for the wonderful turnaround of the standard of education at College within a short time. St. Benedictís have proven beyond any doubt that we have the resources to produce the best and we must take every effort to maintain and improve on this fine performance. As Bro. Director explained, there is more room for improvement and with a little bit of hard work and support from you, we can achieve and earn the reputation as the best boysí educational institution in Sri Lanka before long.
Please join me in congratulating and thanking Rev. Bro. Director, the Tutorial Staff and the Students on this fantastic achievement. You too could be proud of the fact that you did make a contribution in some way for this wonderful performance. Letís keep it up, rally round our support organizations and lend our might to help College reach even greater heights.
The list of Students who gained entrance is as follows.
Science - (Sinhala Medium)
1. Supun Chathuranga Dassanayake (Engineering)
2. M.A. Rashendra Dilanka Gunawardena (Engineering)
3. W.A. Sadun Prageeth Weerasinghe (Medicine)
4. W.A. Udara Chamika Maduranga Fonseka (Physical Science)
5. W.A. Anton Madusanka Fernando (Physical Science)
6. L. Prasanna Deepal Silva (Physical Science)
7. M.A.Tharindu Gunawardena (Physical Science)
8. P.A. Acahala Jayathilaka (Design Architecture)
9. Crishan Gayantha Madage (Textile & Design Clothing)
10. Chairith Sathyaguith Suriyakula (Textile & Design Clothing)
11. K. Dinesh Lasantha Gunasekara (Textile & Design Clothing)
12. M. Irwin Lakmal Costa (Textile & Design Clothing)
Science - (Tamil Medium)
1. Jude Steffan Fernando (Science & technology)
2. Joseph Emil Kevin Fernando (Textile & Design Clothing)
Commerce (Sinhala Medium)
1. Damith Sanjaya Rowel (Management)
2. W.Gayan Chaminda Silva (Management)
3. W. Geeth Mohan Fonseka (Management)
4. P. Chatura Devinda Jayasekara (Management)
5. Don Gayan Shanaka Jayasinghe (Management)
6. Mario Michael Anton Renis (Management)
7. M. D. Nirmal Madushanka Jayasundara (Management)
Commerce (Tamil Medium)
1. Anthony Mariyathas Thamil Venthan (Management)
Hony. General Secretary SBC OBU
on March 08 2007 02:51:14
Congratulations brothers !
BTW this shouldn't be mistaken for actual number of students entering the uni. This is just the list of students who have the minimum z-score to be considered for university entrance. z-score is only a one factor in consideration for entrance to university. For example, to select for Textile & Design Clothing requires a pass in an aptitude test. I wonder how many of the listed 5 students, did even sat for that aptitude test (I didn't see anyone there).
Sorry for the nitpicking, anyway happy to see the lads continueing the trend we started
|Please Login to Post a Comment.
Rating is available to Members only.
Please login or register to vote.
No Ratings have been Posted.
Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here