St. Benedicts College, Colombo, Sri Lanka
IT Society - Articles - News Categories - Discussion Forum - Web Links - Tell A Benedictine
Search   
Main Menu
View Thread
St. Benedicts College, Colombo, Sri Lanka | College | Sports
Author Big Match
Anura Walter Silva

Posted on 03-07-2007 11:58
As a member of the college cricket team between 1974-1978, our dream was to play the big match against Wesley Collage, but it did not happen. Most of the members who played along with me namely Malcolm Mack, Gihan Perera, Kumar Sabarathnam, Maurice Joseph, Rohan Wanaguru and rest of us thought that some day it will start. Now that we are not playing with DS its time for our old boys to make this thing happen. My support will be there for you'll any time.

Edited by Anura Walter Silva on 20-10-2007 11:25
Author RE: Big Match
Niroshan Perera

Posted on 26-09-2007 23:30
Hi All,

I do agree with Anura,with whom I also would share my dream of The Big match of our College.As a Remarkable College of having a list of memorable records during the past era,Why St Benedict's yet fail with the hot subject of "Big Match".

Dear All Benedictines,let vote together towards the request of The Big Match.With the Blessing of St Benedict's I'm sure we would get the chance to have Our College Big Match.

Let Join & Vote.
Author RE: college big match
dijan wimukthi fernando

Posted on 12-12-2007 08:52
we must have our college big match soon.
dijanvimukthi@yahoo.com Send Private Message
MAHESWAREN

Posted on 27-12-2007 12:47
we need too have a big match , its an ideal opportunity too meet friends ,teachers etc.
Ashan Fernando

Posted on 20-02-2008 23:43
I agree with all of u gus.
I herd that DSS also started there big match. If they can Why cant we start and show our colours? We have a good cricket team as well. Lets vote together as a BENEDICTINE FAMILY.

BENS BEAT BAD BOYS
BENS ROKS
2005 A/L Batch - Nothing But the Best
ashchatu Send Private Message
Author RE: BIG MATCH
MAHESWAREN

Posted on 08-03-2008 14:12
My dear old boys lets wok together and make this happensmiley

DHARMARAJAH MAHESWAREN
DOHA BANK
QATAR
Vishan Fernando

Posted on 11-02-2010 03:45
I played Cricket for College from 1990 to 1993 and had the previlege of Captaining College in the 92/93 season. I also had the previlege of playing in 2 Big matches, of which i won the Best Batsman's award at the Innaugural Big match in 1991. What history i can talk about been in College and representing College at Big Match level in Cricket, Rugby, Basket ball and Athletics. I guess only few who can be proud of these kind achievments.

If this is been read by Rev. Bro. Director, please consider to have a Big Match for the sake of the youngsters and let us groom them forward to go on and represent the Country in this game of Cricket. I think its high time we had a Sri Lankan player been groomed by the St. Benedict's College.
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Widget of the Week
Weather